Design Thinking is the middle ground that lies between Analytical thinking and Intuitive thinking. Several companies like GE, Target, Procter and Gamble use the concept and have experienced great success.
Here are Six Characteristics I found that truly define Design Thinking and can improve any business.
- Collaborative, especially with others having different and complimentary experience, to generate better work and form agreement
- Abductive, inventing new options to find new and better solutions to new problems
- Experimental, building prototypes and posing hypotheses, testing them, and iterating this activity to find what works and what doesn’t work to manage risk,
- Personal, considering the unique context of each problem and the people involved
- Integrative, perceiving an entire system and its linkages
- Interpretive, devising how to frame the problem and judge the possible solutions
Design Thinking holds power in every industry and when considered, the outcome is usually always successful. Design Thinking can change the world, make the difference in your marketing strategy and pave the way for your company’s success in general.
Design Thinking Can Be Learned