- The number of SaaS IPOs has more than doubled in the past 12 years. t
- The number of rounds of financing each company raises before IPO has nearly doubled from 2.5 to 4.5, i.e. Series B/C to Series D/E. These figures exclude seeds, which I’ve defined as rounds less than $1.5M.
- The total amount of cash raised before IPO has doubled from the ’98 cohort, adjusted for inflation.
- The median round sizes across the life of the company have remained relatively constant.
- IPO offerings have increased by about 40% in size
More SaaS + Software Stats
If your Net Revenue Churn is high (above 2% per month) it is an indicator that there is something wrong in your business; which may have a dramatically negative effect on your company’s growth. Source: Mckinsey