- The number of SaaS IPOs has more than doubled in the past 12 years. t
- The number of rounds of financing each company raises before IPO has nearly doubled from 2.5 to 4.5, i.e. Series B/C to Series D/E. These figures exclude seeds, which I’ve defined as rounds less than $1.5M.
- The total amount of cash raised before IPO has doubled from the ’98 cohort, adjusted for inflation.
- The median round sizes across the life of the company have remained relatively constant.
- IPO offerings have increased by about 40% in size
More SaaS + Software Stats
When determining Sales Capacity, “it’s worth noting that some percentage of new sales hires won’t meet expectations, so that should be taken into consideration when setting hiring goals. Typically we have seen failure rates around 25-30% for field sales reps, but this varies by company. The failure rate is lower for inside sales reps. can be counted as half of a productive rep”