Top 10 Reasons To Use Images In Your Posts
When planning a post you should consider the benefits of including a picture. With social media being a part of our everyday lives, you need to be able to make your marketing the most effective as possible and sometimes that means being visually appealing.
Here are the top 10 reasons you should consider including images in your posts.
1. Research has shown that articles with images get 94% more total views than articles without.
2. Images help illustrate and convey emotion or reasoning behind your post which helps to convince the viewer of your belief.
3. 60% of consumers are more likely to consider or contact business when an image shows up in local search results.
4. Information with a picture help viewers to recall on the information because visual memory allows us to pull ideas from memory more easily when they are connected with an image. 90% of information transmitted to the brain is visual, and visuals are processed 60,000X faster in the brain than text.
5. Including an image in your post is automatically more likely to get shared or liked because the engagement rate on Facebook is 37% higher for photos over text.
6. On an online store, customers think that the quality of a products image is more important that product-specifications.
7. Including a photo and video in a press release increases views by over 45%
8. When writing a blog, extended post, or article it’s important to use image so that you break up the text in order to give the reader a chance to digest the information and ovoid being overwhelmed.
9. In an ecommerce site, 67% of consumers say the quality’s of a product image is “very important” in selecting and purchasing a product.
10. One month after the introduction of Facebook timeline for brands, visual content like photos and videos saw an increase of 65% in engagement.