MARKETING BUDGET CALCULATOR
Determining how much you should spend on marketing is hard. We built this calculator to clarify the process.
Start with your revenue as the foundation for determining your marketing. Our calculations are based off a percentage of revenue.
- Enterprise Software
- Consumer Products
- Professional Services
- Real Estate
Your industry matters. Different types of businesses need to spend different amounts on marketing.
Reach is a huge impact to budget. Are you trying to reach people Hyper Local to International?
Are you currently focused in one market but looking to expand into new regions, cities or states?
How agressive do you want to be? Attacking the market and grabbing market share or holding position?
My product / service is a first mover or not very well known.
Begin selecting options to see your estimated budgeting.
Our calculator uses various benchmarks and our own experience to help you build an estimate.
Sign-up below to have us send you a detailed guide on how marketing budgets are determined overall and on specific channels.
Calculating A Marketing Budget
One of the most challenging aspects of marketing is one of the first steps - determining a budget.
There are really no hard and fast rules because each business is different. When we work with clients to determine a budget, we look at a few factors.
- Revenue. This is obvious, but everything is calculated as a percentage of revenue to match the budget to the size of the business.
- Reach. Are you marketing locally only, nationally, or internationally?
- Expansion. Are you looking to break into new markets where you may not have brand awareness?
- Offering State. When you are in a very new industry, education may be required. Before Uber & Lyft, no one knew what ride sharing was and so they had to spend more on educating consumers.
- Aggressiveness. If you are looking to gain 50% growth versus 5% growth, that should impact your budget.
- Website. Websites are still the center of much of your strategy. If it has not been rebuilt lately, it may be a sign of your overall marketing infrastructure and the need to invest in foundational marketing tactics.
September 19th at 11:30am
If your business if starving for new leads but struggling with all of the noise, rising costs, and a rapidly changing landscape of the digital marketing world, this seminar will equip you with what you need to gain momentum and leave with an actionable gameplan.
9 Search Optimization Tips for Software Companies
The truth is that a great deal of a software company’s success will be determined by one simple factor: Can people find you online?
28 Video Stats for 2018
Check out these statistics for 2018 and you will see why video is a must.
Ensuring ROI in Marketing
Slides from our seminar on how to track, measure and analyze return on investment for your marketing initiatives.
Driving Targeted Website Traffic to Generate Leads
Slides from our two-hour workshop that went in depth on how to build an effective brand message and drive traffic to your site.
Leveraging Content Marketing & Expertise for CRE + A/E/C Firms
Leverage the expertise of your team members to build your brand. By writing blogs, posting on social media, and having content on your website that is written by your experts, you will pique people’s interest and bring in new leads.
Driving ROI from Analytics
Analytics is challenging with an incredible amount of data, new features, and no clear way to understand what it means. That’s why we are hosting a workshop at the Insivia offices August 18, 2017 from 12:00(noon) – 1:30. Here, you’ll learn everything you need to know about Google Analytics including: What Google Analytics is and