50 Must-Know Stats About Video Marketing 2016
The world of video marketing continues to grow and your company has the opportunity to grow with it. Here are 50 video marketing statistics that you need to be aware of for 2016.
- According to a report published by Forrester, including video in an email leads to a whopping 200-300% increase in click-through rate.
- According to ComScore, 45.4 percent of users viewed at least one video online over the course of a month.
- 86% of colleges and universities have a presence on YouTube, according to the University of Dartmouth.
- Unbounce reports that including video on a landing page can increase conversion by 80%.
- YouTube reports mobile video consumption rises 100% every year.
- According to Rhythm and Insights, combining video with full page ads boost engagement by 22%.
- 90% of user say that seeing a video about a product is helpful in the decision process.
- 75% of executives watch work-related videos on business websites at least once a week.
- More video content is uploaded in 30 days than all three major U.S. T.V. networks combined have created in 30 years.
- 65% of executives visit the marketer's website and 39% call a vendor after viewing a video according to Forbes.
- According to ComScore, the average user spends over 16 minutes watching online video ads every month.
- Forrester researcher Dr. James McQuivey estimates that one minute of video is equal to 1.8 million words.
- According to Online Publishers Association, 80% of users recall a video ad they viewed in the past 30 days.
- According to NIELSEN Wire, 36% of online consumers trust video ads.
- 65% of U.S. marketers plan to increase their mobile ad budgets to account for video according to eMarketer.
- Online video advertisers prefer pre-roll ads by a 3:1 margin over the next most favored format according to Break Media.
- By 2016 video ad spending will reach $5.4 Billion by 2016 according to Break Media.
- Video ads make up 35% of total online ad spending according to Break Media.
- 92% of mobile video consumers share videos with others, according to Invodo.
- 147.MM Americans watch video on the internet, according to NIELSEN.--
Learn more about Insivia's Video + Animation Services
- According to Tremor Video, 75% of online video viewers have interacted with an online video ad this month.
- 87% of online marketers use video content according to Outbrain.
- According to ComScore the average user is exposed to an average 32.3 videos in a month.
- 46% of users take some sort of action after viewing a video ad, according to Online publishers association.
- After watching a video, 64% of users are more likely to buy a product online, according to ComScore.
- 72 Hours of video are uploaded to YouTube every minute, according to YouTube.
- Comedy is the most popular form of online video content among all viewers at 39% followed by news (33%) and music (31%) according to Burst Media.
- 96% of B2B organizations use video in some capacity in their marketing campaigns of which 73% report positive results to their ROI, according to a survey conducted by ReelSEO.
- At the current growth rate, Cisco predicts that it will take over 5,000,000 years to watch every video that crosses global IP networks in a single month in 2019
- According to an Australian Retailer, real estate listings that include a video receive 403% more inquiries than those without.
- 1/3 of all online activity is spent watching video.
- According to Forbes, 59% of executives would rather watch video than read text.
- Enjoyment of video ads increase purchase intent by 97% and brand association by 139% according to Unruly.
- According to VINDICO, 80% of online video ads are abandoned within the first half of the ad.
- 50% of executives look for more information after seeing a product/service in a video, according to Forbes.
- According to Implix, an introductory email that includes a video receives an increase click-through rate by 96%.
- YouTube users watch more than 3 billion hours of video per month, according to YouTube.
- According to Visible Measures, 20% of viewers will click away from a video in 10 seconds or fewer.
- 45% of viewers will stop watching a video after 1 minute and 60% by 2 minutes, according to Visible Measures.
- Ipad users tend to watch a video up to 5 minutes long.
- 16% of YouTube videos are embedded, linked, shared on Tuesday between 11am and 1pm.
- About 74% of the online market now supports HTML5 according to LongTail Video.
- According to Jun Group, videos that are 15 seconds or shorter are shared 37% more often than those that last between 30 seconds and 1 minute.
- Mist Media reports that the average internet user spends 88% more time on a site with video.
- Animated explainer videos increase conversion rates by 20% according to Unbounce.
- 76% of marketers plan to increase their use of YouTube and video marketing, reported by Social Media Examiner via Envisa.
- 30 second in-stream mobile video ads have an 88.3% completion rate according to Rhythm OneInsights.
- 4 out of 5 users will click away if the video stalls while loading according t0 Google.
- 22% of U.S. small businesses plan to post a video in the next 12 months according to BIA/Kelsey.
- Including a video on your homepage can increase conversion rates by 20% or more, according to ReelSEO.
Producing quality content can be an enormous challenge. There are a number of barriers such as technical skills and equipment expenses that make it difficult to get into the video content marketing game.
Thankfully, Insivia as a Cleveland's premier Marketing Agency offers some simple solutions that will allow you to get months of content for a small investment in your time. Video blogs are a great way to not only market your content, but connect with your customers and ultimately increase your conversions. Visit our our video services page to learn more and drop us a line. We would love to help.
Don't be left behind in the digital dust.